Thursday, March 08, 2007

Tales....day...oh, hell, I don't even know.

I think it's day 12. More importantly, today marks 32 WEEKS of pregnancy, so from here on out, every day is the most pregnant I have ever been in my life ;) And probably the heaviest. DEFINITELY the roundest. I look like someone seriously stuck a beach ball on my body but I don't see a lot of other weight spots (like, four chins or fat armpits) so I guess that's good. Then again, would any of my friends actually say "WOW!!! You are just getting huge ALL AROUND!!!" They probably do. Just not to my face. Or I might sit on them. And they would die. ;)

I have finished 2 books since yesterday afternoon - man I love chick lit, when I can read without worrying about having an exam on something or writing a 35 page paper. Yesterday - read "Confessions of a Shopaholic" by Sophie Kinsella (thanks Wendy!!) - very cute, AND educational - I had to have Dan look up the British pounds to US Dollar conversion rate before I really understood what the heck was going on. Today I read "The Secret Life of Bees" by Sue Monk Kidd (thanks grandma!). Good stuff. Depressing. But good.

Now any remaining brain cells I may have had are slowly seeping out of my facial pores watching "American Idol" - thank GOD they got rid of the talentless Jersey bimbo. Sorry if that offends any Jersey readers. Or bimbo readers.

Watched ND beat Syracuse in the 1st round of the Big East tournament today - my male friends (and Cara) are positively oozing with jealousy that I can watch literally a thousand straight hours of pre-NCAA tourney coverage, conference championships, bracketology specials, bubble specials, bubble bursting specials, in-depth investigations into what hair products the greasy coaches use and whether any of them can be linked to heart attack; and EVERY. SINGLE. NCAA. TOURNEY. GAME. ON. TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! However, I will still lose all the money I gamble on tourney pools. Why should this year be any different?

No comments: