Thursday, March 01, 2007

Tales...Day 6

Daytime TV really sucks. thank god for TiVo. Molly thinks this bedrest deal is GREAT - the only way I can really spend time with her doing something she likes is watching movies, so today we watched Chicken Little and Sleeping Beauty back to back...and then, the little couch potato goes "OK Mommy! now YOU go potty and I will get the Simba movie out, and then we can watch Simba next!!" I give it a few more weeks before she can work the VCR on her own. We did not watch Simba, as I feared CPS might come over if I let that child watch any more consecutive television.

Potty training also sucks. A lot. Don't even ask, it's a disaster. It's very hard to potty train from the couch, so poor grandma has to deal with most of the chaos. All the synapses are just not firing at the right time in the little toddler brain, which frustrates me to no end but I will just go ahead and blame that on her father's genes. then again, these days my own potty refluxes are working overtime, particularly after 1 am when I seem to have rampant angry bladder disease.

I'm sure I should be using this time to explore religion or reach deep into my psyche and solve my mental issues and neuroses but instead I am reading up on the 2007 Tigers and will soon be spending hours a day researching college basketball stats in my annual effort to make any progress whatsoever in the 14 NCAA tourney pools I enter and then lose to people who pick teams based on the cuteness of their mascot. GAH.

No comments: