Sunday, March 18, 2007

Day 23. Ish.

My length of time on couch arrest has now surpassed the number of days remaining!!! We are at T-minus...18 days until scheduled delivery! I am 33 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I know this really excites me more than anyone and that you will all be happy when I am done counting numbers and days and minutes and seconds.

I have been very busy...watching enough televised basketball to rot the eyeballs off the most hardened couch potato. Luckily (or unluckily I guess for them) I have two other friends who are also bed-confined this week so we have been exchanging multiple daily emails about missed 3 pointers and bad calls and commiserating about the garbled status of our once-proud brackets. YES I AM AWARE that Notre Dame got knocked out in the first round by a school who sounds like a Dickens character with a lisp (where the hell is Winthrop?!?). On the plus side our hockey team beat stooopid Michigan for the CCHA title this weekend and we are ranked #1 in the country. So....nyah. Our WOMEN are still hanging in there in THEIR NCAA tournament.

18 days til delivery also means 15 DAYS UNTIL TIGERS OPENING DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right now I have wheelchair accessible tickets and have been cleared by my doctor to attend the game provided I sit my butt in a wheelchair and some poor schmuck schleps me around. (that schmuck will be my dad, who is rolling his eyes at my devotion). Pregnant on Opening Day really sucks, as this is the second time I have been in that position and unable to drink beer. Plbllblblbblblb. I guess a big preggo in a wheelchair with a 97 oz Budweiser in one hand would look pretty bad. Sigh.

I finally had some in-person entertainment as an also-pregnant friend came over for a few hours to hang out and watch horrible chick movies. She chose "Stick It," a gymnastics flick that makes "Mean Girls" look like Academy Awards fodder. It was so bad it was actually enjoyable in its pure and utter hideosity. She also provided cookies, chips and bean dip so Dan was THRILLED to see me stuffing my face.

We had a slight incident last night in which my lovely husband graciously agreed to trim my pterodactyl-esque toe nails lest I sever his leg arteries in my sleep...he was SO meticulous about the process, but perhaps was leaning in a bit too closely - he ended up ricocheting a piece of toenail right into his eye. It took until this afternoon to get it out. THAT would have been a fun one to explain in the ER.

No comments: