Friday, July 22, 2005

Cow, Interrupted



I suppose before I ramble on any further I should explain the extremely secretive, uncrackable-by-even-the-globe's-finest-spies title of said blog.

1) I have a cow obsession.

2) I have the sense of humor of a 3 year old.

Combine these two highly combustible elements and you get my signature joke, one that I tell on every occasion I get and one at which I cackle and snort like livestock with Turrett's. It's hard to tell in writing, but I will try. You -- do your part and participate where required:

Me: "Knock knock."

You: "Who's there?" (If you said "Whose there," please stop reading now and GET OFF MY BLOG, you grammatically challenged pile of smoking dung.)

Me: "Interrupting Cow."

You: "Interru..."

Me: (YELLED for best effect) "MOOOOOOOO!"

Ya get it? Interrupting cow?? I interru...oh, nevermind. I find it endlessly amusing though. Most people laugh not from the actual joke but from watching me writhe with mirth as though you just told me the funniest tidbit on earth -- like "Tom Cruise has a point" or "The Tigers could definitely contend for the wildcard this year!"

I should probably mention my second favorite joke, so that those of you with children under 4 or particularly dumb pets can pass along something they will appreciate:

Q: What do you call a fish with no eyes?

A: FSH.

hahahaha. Get it? No "i"s??

Wheeeeeeee, and again, SO many people wonder what higher power deemed it appropriate for me to procreate.

Moo.

7 comments:

Precie said...

Love it! I love it! Interrupting cow!

Elisa said...

That joke was so funny, i'm still wiping away my tears! i had to go tell 3 coworkers that joke right away and 2 chatroom buddies!

Thanks for the best laugh i've had all day!

Elisa

Kristi said...

Mel, I love the interrupting cow joke--I too like to tell it on occasion! Here's my favorite joke:

Two fried eggs, a piece of toast and a glass of milk walk into a bar. The bartender says, "Sorry...we don't serve breakfast."

My favorite thing about that joke is that you can insert whatever breakfast items you want! Sometimes I like to tell that joke to the same person two or three times in a row, just changing the food. I get the same reaction--they laugh at me because I'm so amused by myself. :)

Smander said...

Milhouse...you're a nut! I love it!

Resolution Gal said...

Haha, Mel. You amuse me. When I take over the world, you shall be my Royal Jokester. Not Jester, because if you're as clumsy as you say you are, then you'd kill yourself in the first 15 minutes. So Jokester it is. :)

And I blog because there's no one around to tell me to get off my soapbox. And for the comments, of course. :)

~Hamster

Anonymous said...

I tell that joke to my 6 year old nephew every time I see him. I'm trying to get him to work on his timing.

Amy

Watty said...

Where's the hampster gods? They need to dub you the Mooing HamHam. OMG You're a nut! LMAO