Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Addendum from yesterday....

I remembered some more songs that I routinely butcher.

Bobby Brown's "My Prerogative" -- "Don't get me wrong, I'm really not sick. Eagle chips is not my thing."

Well hell, they wouldn't be my thing either. I much prefer vulture chips. Eagle chips DO tend to make you a little nauseous.

Rage Against the Machine, AKA Rage Against Anything Intelligible -- "Bulls On Parade" -- "Rarry rarry rarry, with a pocket full of shells. Ra-rarry ra-ra-rarry, with a pocket full of shells." Sounds like Scooby Doo trying to sing about Sargeant Larry.

Pearl Jam -- "Can't Find the Velamints"

Bon Jovi -- "Livin' on a Prayer" -- for many years I sang "Gina wants to die of old age..." and -- frighteningly, I JUST LOOKED THIS UP -- did you know the lyrics are actually "working for her man, She brings home her pay for love...for love." ???? Well slap me upside the head with a deaf rubber chicken. Until 14 seconds ago I thought it was "Workin' for 'the man,' she's free to work back for love...for love" Hey, who knows? "The Man" can be very demanding!! And here all this time I thought he was pimpin' Gina, and Tommy just let him get away with it. Phew. So good to know the truth.

1 comment:

mistyblue3 said...

damn spam! I get music lyrics screwed up all the time. There a website just for that- its named after the most commonly misunderstood lyric. www.kissthisguy.com
I know that looks like a total gay thing, but its not! promise! Guess which song? Jimi Hendrix.. "excuse me while i kiss the sky" or did I just get it wrong again. Damn damn damn! Have to go check again. Anyway, fun stuff.